- From Ridge to Reef
- Designed for Snorkelers
- Australia: Cruising the Great Barrier Reef
- Bali to Komodo by Boat
- Belize: Snorkeling & Coral Reef Ecology
- Bird's Head Seascape Whale Sharks & More
- Honduras Bay Islands
- Palau: Snorkeling the Rock Islands
- Raja Ampat Archipelago by Liveaboard
- Raja Ampat & Spice Islands Cruise
- Raja Ampat: Whales & Snorkeling (cruise)
- Solomon Islands by Liveaboard
- Wildlife Encounters
- Scuba & Snorkel Flex Trips
- American Wilderness
- Volunteer Vacations
- Belize: Turneffe Atoll Bottlenose Dolphin Research
- Belize: St. George's Caye Sea Turtle & Manatee Research
- Belize: Coral Reef Monitoring at Turneffe Atoll (scuba)
- Belize: St. George's Caye Coral Reef Research (snorkeling)
- Humpback Whale Monitoring in Mexico
- Ulithi Atoll: Community Conservation Program
- Family Trips
- Trip Calendar
- Whale Watching
- Support Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
From our San Francisco, CA headquarters, to the Blackbird Oceanic Society Field Station in Belize, base in Suriname, and to our field station in Micronesia.... The non-profit Oceanic Society funds and operates conservation projects around the world, partly due to our solid membership base.
Supporting the Oceanic Society through membership is another way to assist with our conservation and education efforts. Donations are tax-deductible.
HOW TO SUPPORT THE OCEANIC SOCIETY
While you don't have to become an Oceanic Society member to participate in our many activities, our 3000+ members would certainly welcome you into the community. Members enjoy additional benefits, though, and the intangible aspects of joining with other people that share your values about conserving our endangered oceanic whales, dolphins, turtles, and other species.
These colorful sculptures are made from 100% recycled flip-flops that are collected from beaches in Kenya. Local artisans are trained by Ocean Sole to sculpt these one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork as a way to support local livelihoods and simultaneously address the growing problem of ocean trash.
Your purchase not only supports Oceanic Society's global ocean conservation efforts, it also directly supports beach cleanup and community enterprise in Kenya. Ocean Sole retrieves more than 220,000 flip-flops from the ocean each year. Note: Each item is unique - product images and dimensions are representative only.
Please contact us before placing any large orders.